At Enclave we have thoroughly enjoyed being your home this last year. July 31st is right around the corner which means move out day is quickly approaching! Below are some move out tips and tricks we hope make your moving process as easy and stress free as possible.
Before you move
- Donate items you don’t use anymore!
- Create piles for different items that you don’t want to take with you, This can include clothing, kitchen items like cooking utensils or bakeware, and other household items. Don't forget to ask for a receipt to claim a tax deduction!
- Plans your last few meals
- For the last few weeks leading up to your move, take advantage of whatever frozen food, perishable items, or half open containers that you have around your kitchen. If you have remaining non-perishable items that you do not want to pack, these can be dropped off at a local food bank!
- Update your address
- This can include accounts for: utilities, and subscription boxes, University of Texas student account, bank accounts, etc.
Save time and money while packing
- Free or Discounted Boxes
- Ask local groceries, stores, or businesses for their gently used boxes
- Use laundry baskets, suitcases, or storage boxes you already have in lieu of cardboard boxes
- Low Cost Packing Materials
- Wrap fragile items with magazines or newspaper instead of packing peanuts or bubble wrap
- Use towels or sheets to wrap dishes
- Use socks to safely wrap and pack glassware
- Quick Clothes Wrapping
- While your clothes are still hanging in the closet, put them inside a trash bag, hanger and all, to make unpacking quicker
- Keep Boxes Organized
- Use Colored tape to color coordinate each box with a room in your new home
- Write the contents of each box on the outside so you have a quick guide of the contents without opening each box